Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Medley



Because I sang it almost every night for about two years, and because it was such an integral part of bedtime, and because she has very recently stopped asking for it and I'm afraid it will be lost forever, I thought I should record here, for posterity, the bedtime song medley. It evolved and grew over many nights, starting when she was around two years old, finally solidifying into this (and absolutely in this order with no variations and definitely no attempts to shorten, cull or edit):

1) Incy Wincey Spider
2) Mary Had a Little Lamb (two verses)
3) Baa Baa Black Sheep
4) Row Row Row Your Boat
5) Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
6) Open, Shut Them, Open, Shut Them
7) One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Once I Caught a Fish Alive
8) Silent Night
9) Edelweiss
10) I'm a Little Teapot
11) Our own version of the 'Sesame Street' theme song

AND THEN there would be any number of bonus tracks, including You Are My Sunshine, Zippedy Doo-Dah, All the Single Ladies (yes, Beyonce), My Bonnie Lola Lies Over the Ocean...

Now that she no longer wants the medley, I'm glad to have that 20 minutes of my evening back. But I do kinda miss it. We're working on a few different show tunes now - usually only one per night, thank god! The sun'll come ouuuuuuuut, tamarrrrowwwwww...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...