Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Taking Note





I have a weakness for an empty notebook. Ignore the many I already have waiting to be filled. Ignore the fact a 45-cent exercise book from the supermarket will do the job. Sometimes I need to buy a beautiful notebook...just because. The purchase usually coincides with a sudden burst of organisational or inspirational energy. I may have decided to begin journaling, or list-making, or meal planning, or business planning, or the general sorting and setting in place of some sort of complex system that will ensure the smooth running and general betterment of our days and lives. I will fill the first few pages with zest and enthusiasm and then...well.

On my recent shopping expedition in Singapore, I came across this trio with animal prints and red stitching on the covers, all tied up with string. Calling it a souvenir made the decision easier. And although three new notebooks should mean I don't need one more, when that one has a Fair Isle knitting pattern printed on the cover - found in my favourite local store, Made by Others - well, what's a girl to do?

Four new notebooks, and much, much planning, writing and filling to be done.


15 comments:

  1. I am the same!
    And I always buy a new pen to go with the new notebook.
    The pens always get used but my lists always end up on scraps of paper or on the backs of envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same too! I love notebooks I have stacks of them but I never write in them, to lovely to spoil with my scribbled lists. I have one in my bag that I use and that's it the others I keep........never to be used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. And look at these: badger in a beret - yes please! (http://www.domesticsluttery.com/2012/10/notebooks-for-nanowrimo.html)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am such a sucker for a pretty notebook! And pens, pencils, random stationery supplies... ;) I also start them with zeal and enthusiasm before slowly petering out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am the same too! it just makes list making and planning and organising so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious notebooks are definately a weakness here too! You've found such lovely ones. Hope your week is grand.
    Steph :)
    thisbrownwren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is it about notebooks that make our hearts beat a little faster? Your new notebook stash is lovely -- I wouldn't have been able to pass them up either! Enjoy scribbling in them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. count me in as a notebook junkie as well. I have piles of them... Nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to know I'm not the only one that can't resist gorgeous little notebooks! I have 9 empty ones on display on my shelf (and two in my handbag that I won't count). On occassion my daughter finds them before I get to use them but that's OK. Means I can buy more!

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a thing for a fresh new notebook. Preferably a pretty, expensive one, which I wont use for AGES as it's too nice to spoil by writing in it. Many of us suffer from this affliction. I really love the fair isle one. Nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have so many notebooks that I won't write in because they're too pretty ... how daft is that! These are gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh dear me, african animals! now i will be on an eternal search for the same. love the sort of african looking fair isle too. great souviner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw some great mini notebooks this summer when on holiday in France. They were beautifully wrapped so I'm giving them as Christmas presents but the temptation to keep one for myself is strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually sighed aloud when I saw your photos. i LOVE notebooks, and asian countries certainly seem to do them well! They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...