They came, we gathered, we cosied in front of the fire, we danced, we drank and we ate.
On the menu:
- Overnight slow-roasted pork. It went into the oven at 2am and stayed there for 12 hours. Worth every minute.
- Crispy roast potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Olive oil bread with tomato and parmesan
- Green beans tossed with garlic and local hazelnuts
- Roasted beetroot and goats cheese salad
And much, much later...
- Rhubarb and vanilla apple crumble with ice-cream.
Cheers from the family!
Here's what we ate the last time we gathered for Christmas lunch.