Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Spring Tee








The Yarn Along has me in its grip. I awoke was awoken early this morning, and had a busy day ahead, but most of the morning's energies were directed towards getting this little top off the needles, the ends woven in, buttons added, and the washing and blocking done, all so I could meet the Wednesday deadline.

It happened, miracle of miracles. A second version, slightly adapted, of this other little tee. I cast on fewer stitches to make the neckline less gapey, and played around with the increases because I felt the other one was a bit puffy on the yoke. The yarn is Jo Sharp 8ply wool. My Pearl thought it was itchy today, but that's because I made her wear it with nothing under it for the photos. It will no doubt spend most of its time over a long-sleeve top because, as much as I want to declare winter over after this run of glorious sunny days, I suspect it would be a bit foolish of me.

I'm still working my way through The White Tiger and, despite my incremental progress, it has become a book I want to retire early for each night. A good thing, given the early starts these days.

Ravelry notes here.
Beautiful wooden buttons from here.
Yarn Along here.
And the pattern for this t-shirt coming soon.

29 comments:

  1. Oh that is adorable! And I love the green boots as well :-) I would definitely like the pattern for this shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I like your slight modifications and it fits so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoke? Increases? 8ply wool? Haven't the foggiest what you're telling me, but I always have to read it, especially when you're knitting with my favourite colour. Oh, those beautiful curls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes please.....would love the pattern you clever lady! It is so sweet.....almost as sweet as that little girl of yours.

    ps - I'd love to know how fast you knit...maybe time yourself....knits/ pearls per minute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn along has me knitting more than I usually might, too!
    Your knitting is absolutely beautiful and thank you for the link to the buttons - they are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet - your knitting and the gorgeous model.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And love those cute little legs on her header!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable!!! (tee and Pearl!!!) don't you love having deadlines (like Wednesday!) to get motivated??? guess I better queue that book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sweater and those buttons are TOO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty sweater and the buttons compliment it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I wish I could make one in my size and have it look as cute on me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would call this "a perfect tee." Love your yarn and color choice and modeled on your little beauty is such a treat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That color is just perfect with her pretty eyes and hair--beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is so pretty! I will be watching for the pattern, and thanks for sharing the button link! I'm always on the hunt for good button sources. :) I found you through the link up, I'm sharing toddler leg warmers and my mama scarf this week. Happy knitting! (p.s. I'm your newest follower too!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous: the knit top, that little girl, those green boots. Love, love, love!

    Really great photos! (Gosh, I wish I could figure out how to take pictures.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, cute, cute! Your babies suddenly seem to be turning into big little girls. When did that happen?! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It matches Pearl's eyes PERFECTLY. Damn your girls are cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. you're daughter is beautiful! and that sweater is wonderful. i love your blog!

    Fancy {No}Pants

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, that is some serious cuteness. So glad to find your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That yarn and those buttons...LOVE!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sweater is really sweet. I love the simple pattern. Nothing better than knitting for littles followed by a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sweet little face. Just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! You are so talented. That top is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...