Monday, January 2, 2012

Pushing Forward


I'm trying to resist the resolution-making. I'm the type at this time of year. Something about new beginnings, symbolic fresh starts, it brings it out in me. Rather than making a list of big things I'll never stick to, I'm taken by the '52 things' idea - a list of 52 achievable things to be completed in 52 weeks. I've started compiling it. It has cheese on it, and compost, and life insurance. Stay tuned.

2011. It was a hell of a year, not entirely great, and entirely challenging. I wrote this post at the start of last year at Tale of Three, in response to a question about new year's resolutions. I think I can safely say that one year on, I'm far from achieving the goals set out there. Getting it right? Some days I got things so far from right it wasn't funny. But I will persevere.

I began this new year with a hangover. I think I might resolve to avoid those for a while. And I'm also going to try to shout less. Bake more. Sing sometimes. Be nicer. Clean the car occasionally. Turn up with a gift.

Happy new year, one and all xx

2 comments:

  1. Be kind to yourself - you have 1 year old TWINS!!! It's a wonder you manage to get dressed everyday! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear your 52 list. What a good idea. I'm not much for resolutions but I find myself making them this year...Shout less, turn up with a gift. I like those.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...