Inspired by Soulemama's Ten Things, and because I'm sorely lacking inspiration for much else, here are eight things making me smile today:
- my two youngest arguing over who gets the latest mama-made pants (upsized Quick Change Trousers like these ones - oh, would you look how much my babes have grown!)
- the GM and Lola disappearing off into a quiet corner several times a day to work through the Roald Dahl collection.
- vintage sewing patterns in the right size.
- Earl Grey leaf tea, made proper-like, in a pot - almost as good as when my pal Sophia makes it. Hers is the best.
- pretty flowers in a pot, from the same Sophia.
- Matthew Evans's glorious cookbook 'Winter on the Farm'. His twice-cooked pork shoulder had us swooning last weekend (rivalling Jamie's overnight version), and the macadamia butternut biscuits are pretty bloody delicious too.
- my big girl's blossoming artistic streak. That's a pirate with a princess.
- my latest Etsy purchase, two gorgeous wool-backed, upcycled fabric cushions from Neon Vintage.
Oh, make that nine things - I was so pleased to see Gillian finally received her orange mitts. She models them so well, don't you think?