Monday, February 27, 2012

Business, and the Taking Care of It


Today I've been taking care of some business. Mostly boring business that's been lurking on the backburner for too long. I've had a phone meeting with the boss, I've paid bills, sent invoices to people who owe me money, finished a little photo project (this one wasn't boring) and typed up official sounding letters to our tenants. That feels good.

So while I'm on a roll, I'll tie up a few loose ends here in blogland. Firstly, the vintage sheet swap. I signed up a little while ago, which gave me an excuse to seek out and purchase another dozen or so old sheets from the oppy. Oops. But there were some lovely finds in there. I reckon I've pulled together about 25 fat quarters to send off to Kellie, keeping back plenty of goodness for myself, of course.


I also thought I'd send big thanksies out to lovely Colette, who has passed on the Liebster Award to me. I'll be sure to send it on to some other nice folks when I get a chance in the next few days. And also thanks to Tahnee from Milk Please Mum for tagging me. I'll add this to my to-do list as well!



And lastly, today one of my little projects went up on the Kidspot site. You can check it out here. This sling bag was really fun to make. Come to think of it, I used a vintage sheet for the lining. Go have a look. That's my lovely friend Sophia modelling for me. 


Alright, that's business taken care of. How good is that lairy orange floral number there? It's my absolute favourite (my sister found it and gave it to me - thanks, Gig).


Now I might go and plan some sewing projects with the leftovers from all this old-fashioned floral loveliness. 

4 comments:

  1. wow, those sheets look like the palette of my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have some pretty snazzy op shops near you - all that thrifted sheet goodness. Thanks for your sling bag how-to; I'll have to add it to my sewing list. Looks like it'll carry lots and lots.

    And all that business... pesky, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, im in love with these vintage sheets!

    im a new follower and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog

    - Megan Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have some lovely vintage stores! What a great collection!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...