Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Receiving


I have a sister-in-law who is very cheeky and very generous, who snuck a peek at my birthday list, meant really for the GM's eyes, and decided to take herself shopping. Not only did a delicious gift voucher from Quince and Co turn up in my inbox, but late last week a package arrived containing this book. I am beyond pleased and have spent my evenings flicking through it, umming and ahhing about what to make first.

As for actual knitting, rather than the fantasy variety, I got the buttons onto Stella's Playful Stripes cardigan and whipped up a tiny gift for a friend, then I thought, "What now?" The jury pondered for a while, weighed the pros and cons of casting on something new, and in the end, swayed by the need for some easy stocking stitch (for work-time knitting, you know?), I settled on my Abalone. It's been sitting there nearly finished for so long, so close to finished, in fact, I thought I might as well finish it. A few rows on the back, about 20cm on the left front and then I can do the band and start wearing this very wearable-looking vesty thing.

Perhaps I'll be able to show its finished-ness off for you next week.

In the meantime, I finally got that girl into her cardigan. 




If you're wondering what all those red marks are on her smooshy little face, this innocent-looking creature is to blame. They love and fight with equal intensity.




Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.

25 comments:

  1. I have borrowed that book from the library so many times, just for the pictures! I can't knit to save myself! How lovely of your sister in law! I also am blessed with one who buys me the lovliest gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardigan looks gorgeous (good choice on the buttons!)

    Can't wait to see your abalone, it's been in my queue forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now doesn't she look pretty in her new cardigan! Book jealousy going on right here, I LOVE knitting books. Wish my sister in law was 1/2 as nice as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks adorable in that beautiful cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sweater!! I still love the way you did the yoke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastically generous sister you have there, the pretty stripey cardigan is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the sweater more on the cutie than on the hanger! imagine that! and the cardigan does look versatile and adorable.

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sweater and adorable little one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks even better on your adorable model!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cardigan is absolutely gorgeous, the colours and the design. It looks very sweet on your cute little one:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, you have a wonderful sister in-law!
    Your sweater is just beautiful and I love the look on your wee one's face.
    Happy Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cardigan, fits just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that cardigan, the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cardigan, glad you got a pressie you REALLY wanted, that's just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She looks so wonderfully pleased in her new sweater. Just love those stripes! You made me laugh (which is not the best thing with a cup of coffee in my hand!) about the fantasy vs reality knitting. Wouldn't it be so nice to do both? What a wonderful s-i-l. Maybe I should make a birthday list post too?

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so gorgeous and that cardigan is delightful! You will love that book-it's full of so many ideas and great eye candy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. so adorable! and i love that book, i've made several things out of it and there is still more i'd like to do! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The yoke cardigan is darling! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The perfect gift for a knitted, isn't it? I love the little cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The cardigan is beautiful! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love the cardi! What a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that book. It's full of interesting projects and all these projects are divided by hours (what I like the most).
    And the cardigan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...