Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Naughty vs Nice



I've made no secret of my obsession with the Bourke Street Bakery. It's something I'm not working on in the slightest. I'm happy to have this little problem in my life, OK? So just be quiet. 

Apart from their amazing bread and incredible tarts, their muffins are beyond belief. I haven't made them in a while, but not because I don't love them. I do. It's just that they're a bit naughty. Lots of butter, lots and lots of buttermilk, lots and lots and lots of sugar and dark chocolate and...ahhhh.

I recently made a different type of muffin for a special photo shoot, another one for the Biggest Morning Tea. Now, it wouldn't be fair to compare these ones with the BSB ones. That would be like comparing slow-roasted pork belly with a steamed chicken breast. 

Nonetheless, these ones are very wholesome and still really, really good, especially straight out of the oven. And especially especially if you're baking for your kids and you're a big fat food hypocrite like me.

Want the recipe? Hmm, I thought so.

Nicky Buckley's Banana Muffins

1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup oat bran
3/4 cup caster sugar
60 g margarine, melted
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)

Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare a 12-hole muffin tin with oil.

Mix flour, oat bran and sugar. Make a well in centre. Add combined margarine, milk, eggs and banana, and stir until just combined. Don't overmix - it should still be lumpy.

Spoon into tin and bake for 15 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, just lovely. I am a big fan of baked goods, especially bread and pastries. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...