Saturday, May 18, 2013

Anticipation


Things have been busy around here this week. I've been dusting off my teacups, colour-coding the teabags and trying to work out which outfit coordinates best with my new tea cosy. Oh, and there's been a little bit of baking going on as well.

I'm so looking forward to seeing you all here first thing Monday morning for the launch of A Very Bloggy Morning Tea 2013. I'll be inviting you in every day and getting you comfy. Then a lovely friend will pop over to share a story and a cuppa. And every afternoon I'll be back to hand over a recipe.

If you're enjoying morning tea at your place during the week, either on your own or with friends, I'd love to hear about it. Please let me know on Facebook or do that hashtag thingo that they talk about on Instagram so I can find you - #bloggymorningtea. Or you can always just leave a comment here with a link to your blog post.

Please tell all your friends. The more the merrier.

Can't wait to see you all. Now, where did I leave that cake stand...

A big thank you to everyone who has already made a generous donation. There's a button over there on the right that will take you to the fundraising page. All donations go directly to the Cancer Council.

5 comments:

  1. I love your idea and that teapot looks as if it will make a great cup.

    My sister has been housesitting at a little hamlet almost an hour south of Canberra. She attended a morning tea in the 1880s school, in a very basic hall built by Rudd's stimulus package. Almost all the district farmers etc turned up. Later in the week she went to a quilting day but didn't have suitable supplies so was set to counting Morning Tea proceeds. Some thousands of dollars had been given.

    I donate regularly to Cancer Council through Relay for Life, Movember, Greatest Shave etc. I always support various family members in these fundraisers and the amount adds up quickly. Mum died of leukaemia five years ago and my sister was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997. She's fine now, although it has returned several times and she will be on tamoxifen for the rest of her life. It returns when the drug is stopped.

    I wish you many attenders and may that little teapot be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to next week!
    I am having some moms over for a not so very bloggy afternoon tea...I will still hastag it though!
    And then heading off to a bigger fundraiser on Thursday!
    Happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds as if it will be oh so very lovely! hurrah! hurrah! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Can't wait to see the morning tea unfold each day and be a part of it. I'm also joining in, in person, at Thea and Sami's morning tea. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...