Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pistachio Cardamom Choc-Chip


Homemade choc-chip biscuits are a favourite around here. And I've always held firm to the belief that you shouldn't sully them by adding nuts or sultanas. (Just like my belief that tomato can ruin a good sandwich...)

But I must have come over all exotic when I thought up these little wonders. Cardamom - one of my favourite spices - and pistachios, complementing beautifully all of that chopped dark chocolate. Dunked in a mug of spiced hot cocoa? Well, there's not much more I can say, really. Bake them, eat them, don't say I didn't warn you.



You will need:

125g unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp ground cardamom
150g dark chocolate, chopped
50g pistachios


Cream butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Add flour and cardamom and mix until just combined. Add chocolate and pistachios and mix further until distributed evenly.

Divide the mixture in two and roll each half in a sheet of baking paper to form a log shape. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm up.


Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line two trays with baking paper. Using a sharp knife, slice biscuit logs into 1cm thick rounds. 

Lay on trays and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.



Once cool, put them in a vintage biscuit tin then sit on your hands until your guests arrive because there's nothing more embarrassing than inviting people over and having to confess you've eaten their morning tea.



11 comments:

  1. I love cardamom...and I love chocolate...and I love cookies...these sound like winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally eat the lot before any guests arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound absolutely delicious. Love a bit of spice with my chocolate. YUM! SBx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm in love Greer! Pistachios and chocolate - I'm sold...

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I have all these ingredients in my pantry so I'm putting this lovely recipe on my "to bake" list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looked so fab I made them today! And they are all they promised to be! They're quite delicious!

    Next time I would slightly change the ratios for some more cardamom and a bit less chocolate to suit my tastes. One thing though, I used brown sugar and they turned out very dark. This has happened a couple of times when cooking - am I getting my brown sugar and raw sugar mixed up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I like mine very chocolatey! It is definitely brown sugar, not raw sugar.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I wasn't sure. The entire batch has gone! Between my kids, husband, myself and my dad.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, these sound amazing, and look amazing. Beautiful photos! Thanks for the recipe. I a big biscuit lover so will definatly try these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, spiced hot chocolate, how lovely and warming. You know, it's supposed to be spring here but it's so cold it might as well be autumn. We have the heating on. It's about 8°C and we have hail showers. Fun. Those cookies sound divine, thanks for sharing your recipe. x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...