Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In the Morning Light





I took these photos a couple of weeks ago and I keep coming back to them. It seems they represent so much at the moment, of all the moments that make up our days and lives.

The reason I grabbed my camera at the time was the light. I saw it first, streaming in and capturing those two little girls doing what they were doing, casting a long shadow on the wall behind. The 'discovering' photographer in me wanted to know how it would look through the lens. I like the way my 'eye' is learning and developing the more I practise this craft.

But looking back on the photos after, I saw so much more. I saw my first babe blossoming into a big girl, able to make out the words on the page all on her own. I saw a big sister taking a moment of her morning to give her time and focus to her little sister. I saw that little sister hanging on every word, focused entirely on the words and the images before her. And I felt a glimmer of pride that enough has been done right in the lives of these girls that this moment could even exist in the first place - that they chose a book, that they chose to share, that they chose togetherness.

Most of our mornings aren't like this. There's chaos and noise from the get-go. Thank goodness for the occasional pause, to notice the light, and to capture a moment that might otherwise have been lost.

18 comments:

  1. bless you lovely - you're doing a wonderful job x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful moment you have captured. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful moment and I would have grabbed the camera too for that lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious moments... It's amazing what you can see in your photos when you look back on them up on a big screen. The light you've captured is stunning but the actual moment you have captured between your babes is more precious than words.

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that's lovely, how fortunate that the light shone on that moment for you. Lucky kids, lucky sisters. Have a sweet day :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Greer! Lovely lovely Post. Your photography is awesome and your girls are even more so x

    ReplyDelete
  7. And so you should be proud. What dear girls you have.

    You should be proud of your photography skills too. Oh my. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. Yes, morning light is special and I often think that as I rush around making breakfast and emptying the dishwasher - I should stop and get the camera out. What a sweet relationship your girls have. My eldest reads to her little brother (haltingly, she's only 6) and he hangs off her every word. It's adorable. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, girls and sentiments. I love it when my children are playing peacefully and the big one is helping the little one learn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amzing capture. I love that these pictures represent so much more than the little loves on the morning light.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sweet your darling girls, such memories in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is just beautiful...like gorgeous heart stoppingly beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...